none
Sorting not working on managing view for Project Center page via custom field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Sorting not working for project center view type! I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, but sorting option in manage view is not properly working for custom created view.

Please read the Scenario:-

We have few departments like and it is a mandatory field.

Department :

Abc

Abc.Cat

Abc.Cat.External Audit

Abc.Rat

Abc.Rat.All Rat Securities

Abc.Bat

Abc.BatCompensation

Abc.Bat.Bat Core & Payroll

Bcd

Xyz

Xyz.Dog

Xyz.Dog.Candle

Xyz.Dog.Communications

Xyz.Dog.Corporate Transactions

Now, I have created a custom view 'Department_Sorting' and follow the below mentioned steps :-

1) selected project name and Department from table & fields.

2) Check "Grant Chart (Project Center)

3) Set left offset for the splitter bar : 400 (pixel)

4) Sort by Department

5) Order by Ascending

6) Selected all the security 'My direct reports', 'My organization'etc.

Thanks, Sumit Gupta SharePoint Consultant MCP, MCTS, MCITP, CCNA

Friday, January 18, 2013 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi

I can confirm with Project Server 2010 and December 2012 Cumulative Update, that a sorting in a Project Center view does some kind of sorting, but the order is not correct. Seems to be that it sorts by the internal GUID of the lookup value instead of the real text behind that value.

Seems to be an issue within Project Center only - Resource Center is sorting correctly.

You could try to use an ugly workaround. Create a project custom field named "Department_sorted" as formula field withh=[Project Department] and use this for sorting. Or use grouping instead of sorting - that works better...

Kind regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Friday, January 18, 2013 3:27 PM