none
Visual Studio 2013 commnity can't run WCF service RRS feed

Answers

• I think this is more likely some configuration issue rather than an inability of the community edition to run wcf services.

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: Uneventful MVVM; All my Technet Articles

Friday, May 1, 2015 9:55 AM
  • Hi DavidADEl,

>>"The resource cannot be found"

I wonder if your VS2013 community and VS2012 professional are in the same computer and the VS2012 professional use the same IIS as the VS2013 community for hosting the WCF Services.
    In my mind, it will be something wrong with the service address or something configuration issue, please try to open IIS Manager which used for hosting the WCF in VS2013 community, click your site, switch to Content View, then right-click dataservice1.svc file, click browser. It should pop up a Internet Explorer windows with correct address in address bar, then this should be the correct address for the WCF Service.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 4, 2015 7:31 AM

All replies

• I think this is more likely some configuration issue rather than an inability of the community edition to run wcf services.

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: Uneventful MVVM; All my Technet Articles

Friday, May 1, 2015 9:55 AM
  • Hello,

I am moving your question to the WCF forum for better support as this is a WCF question.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my webpage under my profile but do not reply to forum questions.

Friday, May 1, 2015 10:22 AM
  • Hi DavidADEl,

>>"The resource cannot be found"

I wonder if your VS2013 community and VS2012 professional are in the same computer and the VS2012 professional use the same IIS as the VS2013 community for hosting the WCF Services.
    In my mind, it will be something wrong with the service address or something configuration issue, please try to open IIS Manager which used for hosting the WCF in VS2013 community, click your site, switch to Content View, then right-click dataservice1.svc file, click browser. It should pop up a Internet Explorer windows with correct address in address bar, then this should be the correct address for the WCF Service.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 4, 2015 7:31 AM