none
MXChip setup, cant connect to Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

just got my MXChip and set it up. I've upgraded the firmware and is running version 1.6.2

The sensor are working fine and i'm connected to a 2.4Mhz wifi, but the Azure LED is not on. What to do??

By the way the programming LED is steady green but the user led is flashing yellow.

I checked that the device is enable in the IOT Hub.

I ran the iothub-diagnostics tool.

Sunday, September 22, 2019 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

just got my MXChip and set it up. I've upgraded the firmware and is running version 1.6.2

The sensor are working fine and i'm connected to a 2.4Mhz wifi, but the Azure LED is not on. What to do??

By the way the programming LED is steady green but the user led is flashing yellow.

I checked that the device is enable in the IOT Hub.

I ran the iothub-diagnostics tool.

The Issue is moved to AzureSpher forum

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28be6db-b774-4a32-9234-758e4bd36036/mxchip-setup-cant-connect-to-azure?forum=azuresphere

Friday, September 20, 2019 7:31 PM
  • You might want to post to the AzureSphere forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=azuresphere&filter=alllanguages

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Saturday, September 21, 2019 12:02 AM
  • Dear friend,

Have you read this guide doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-hub/iot-hub-arduino-iot-devkit-az3166-get-started

I did this last month and it works for me.

Keep Fighting

Sunday, September 22, 2019 1:50 AM
  • Hi,

thanx for your reply I did follow that guide uptil preparing your development environment.

When configuring wificonnection I dont get a chance to enter my connectionstring, so I configure the connection string using 'Putty', but no luck.

I never get to the point where 192.169.0.1/result returns with a succesfull message, still th wifi LED i steady green.

Sunday, September 22, 2019 5:59 PM
  • Dear friend,

On this page, it is pointed out that "On the DevKit, Hold down button B, push and release the Reset button, and then release button B. Your DevKit enters AP mode. To confirm, the screen displays the service set identifier (SSID) of the DevKit and the configuration portal IP address". Have you ever tried with this?

Keep Fighting

Monday, September 23, 2019 1:03 AM
  • Hello Mojo2400NV,

This forum is for Windows IoT Core/IoT Enterprise support. This issue is related to Azure, it is recommended to move this case to Azure Sphere forum for better support.

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 5:51 AM
  • Hi,

yes I did, at first I did get the chance to enter the connectionstring, but when I reset the wifi connection and try to configure it againg I only get the option to enter SSID and password, but not the connectionstring.

Monday, September 23, 2019 7:06 AM
  • After Wi-Fi is configured, your credentials will persist on the device for that connection, even if the device is unplugged.
    Friday, September 27, 2019 11:28 PM
  • Hi Mojo2400NV were you able to resolve your issue?
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:31 AM