none
Preventing installation of WES image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, need a bit of help/guidance if possible:

How do I prevent a WES 2011 image to run or be deployed only on my hardware device platform? I.e. after I have a "golden image" is there tools/method to check for something unique (i.e. a proprietary PCI device or PnP ID) and prevent installation if not found? 
    • Moved by Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] Friday, October 9, 2009 3:29 PM non-EEF topic (From:Standard 2011 (CTP): Embedded Enabling Features (EEFs))
    Friday, October 9, 2009 11:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• You could write an application that checks for the desired condition and have that application launch setup if applicable. Does that work for you ? What's your sceanrio ?

Thanks
    Srikanth
    Srikanth Kamath [MSFT]
    Friday, October 9, 2009 4:56 PM
  • Hi Srikanth,

Yes that would work, however, how would I change the PE behavior to look for my app 1st before spawning setup?

Friday, October 9, 2009 5:17 PM
  • Not sure .. My suggestion was more about making this decision before PE stage .. May be some one else in the forum has experience with this ?
    Srikanth Kamath [MSFT]
    Monday, October 12, 2009 7:32 PM
  • Do you want something similar like autocheck?
    The registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager : BootExecute specifies the applications, services, and commands executed during startup.
    The info is http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc963230.aspx

Monday, October 19, 2009 6:22 PM
  • Wound up rolling my own utility that queries for a specific BIOS key/entry.

• Marked as answer by Phil Shipley Monday, September 16, 2019 5:23 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2019 5:23 PM