Version column is not visible while exporting document library to excel RRS feed

• Question

• Version column is not visible while exporting document library to excel. Any idea why?
    Martin ---------------------------------------------------- Martin Pawlas, MCTS, MCP
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 2:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I can reproduce your issue, you can try this workaround:

Create a new column in document library called VersionNew and add it to the view you want export

Create a workflow with SharePoint Designer and make it start automatically when items are created and changed

Get the value of version and set it to VersionNew

Then when you export document library, you can see VersionNew instead of Version.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:28 AM
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I can reproduce your issue, you can try this workaround:

Create a new column in document library called VersionNew and add it to the view you want export

Create a workflow with SharePoint Designer and make it start automatically when items are created and changed

Get the value of version and set it to VersionNew

Then when you export document library, you can see VersionNew instead of Version.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:28 AM
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 10:44 AM
  • Hi,I have the similar issues as above. I tried the your solution ,but once the workflow is updating the VersionNew column the document version is again changed, as the workflow is editing the property of the document, so the version changes again.

Friday, February 21, 2014 7:11 PM