none
infopath 2013 vs approval process with buttons vs sharepointdesigner workfow

Question

• Hi guys.

Created InfoPath form with all the desired fields.
    We have a field with currentuser gotten from userprofile service and also a manager.

Now we would like to put this in approval process, but we would like to trigger that event with clicking on buttons inside InfoPath forms.

For example the submitter should only be able to see SUBMIT button (this should trigger the approval process - please teach me how), and the MANAGER should see APPROVE or DENY button.

I have read and tested regarding using SharepointDesigner and making approval process, but I just Quite don't get it how to achieve pushing the button on InfoPath forum would trigger SharePoint's designer approval workflow?

And an extra wish is that InfoPath would contain a field with status (approved, denied) which would relate regarding if manager has denied or approved in the approval workflow.

Please help and with best regards

bostjanc

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to trigger a workflow by clicking submit button in InfoPath form, a simple way: set the approval workflow started when an item is created/modified. Approval workflow will start automatically after users submit InfoPath form to SharePoint by this setting.

SharePoint library/list will create a workflow column to show running stage for 2013 workflow. You can change the column value to display the approval status:

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:28 AM
  • Thanks Dean.

That solves the submit vs starting approval process.

How about linking a button APPROVE and DENY inside InfoPath form vs created workflow?
    Is that possible?

with best regards

bostjanc

Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:36 PM