none
Outlook Quick Step idea - save email attachments to folder on computer RRS feed

• Question

• Suggestion #1 - I'd like to be able to develop an Outlook quick step where I can automatically take an attachment from an email and save it in a specified folder on my computer, not the folders in my PST.  I get a lot of regular reports with an attachment that I need to save to a folder on my network and I have to right click the attachment manually and navigate to the desired folder.  If I can automate this, it can save a tremendous amount of time.  I'm sure many people would benefit from this.  If the quick step for this action could also ask you how to resolve file name conflicts - ie something like "append YYYY-MM-DD to end of file name if a file with same name already exists in folder"

Suggestion #2 - Can tasks which have "none" for due date sort AFTER the dates when you're sorting in ascending order?  I'd like to see my tasks sorted by most overdue to furthest away due date, and then the ones with no due dates.  There's some workarounds posted on the internet, and the one I'm doing is to group by due date so I can minimize the "none" and then periodically checking that, but I'd prefer the default to just be "none" is considered a higher alpha-numeric value than any date.  Maybe "none" can actually be the visual representation of the highest allowed due date behind the scenes in the database, and when you create a new task it defaults to that date and then displays as "none"

Monday, May 15, 2017 11:31 PM

All replies

• Please submit your suggestions at https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows 

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:29 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for posting here, but this forum is used to discuss development issues when using Outlook Object Model. To provide ideas about product feature, please go to UserVoice site as Dmitry suggested. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:02 AM