Is it possible to make a Similair program to Outlook ? RRS feed

Answers

• Anything is possible.

Outlook was compiled from sourcecode just like any other program out there.

Monday, July 18, 2011 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

As Outlook exists I guess this is definitively possible ! More seriously you may want to be more explicit so that we can understand what is your real question. It this some legal issue ? Do you need some technical info ? The Outlook to Exchange protocol has been made AFAIK available publicly at the MSDN site so I guess you are allowed to create a mail program as long as you don't copy its source code and/or appearance.

Please always mark whatever response solved your issue so that the thread is properly marked as "Answered".
    Monday, July 18, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Correct, everything is possible.

Email, calendar, contacts, tasks and small things like notes in 2010 version, everything is diverse in nature and a complete area.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Monday, July 18, 2011 12:30 PM

All replies

• Sure it is possible...

--
    Mike
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 10:54 PM
  • Anything is possible.

Outlook was compiled from sourcecode just like any other program out there.

Monday, July 18, 2011 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

As Outlook exists I guess this is definitively possible ! More seriously you may want to be more explicit so that we can understand what is your real question. It this some legal issue ? Do you need some technical info ? The Outlook to Exchange protocol has been made AFAIK available publicly at the MSDN site so I guess you are allowed to create a mail program as long as you don't copy its source code and/or appearance.

Please always mark whatever response solved your issue so that the thread is properly marked as "Answered".
    Monday, July 18, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Yes, its possible.

:)

Monday, July 18, 2011 11:18 AM
  • If you have to ask, the answer for you is no. For someone else who doesn't ask the question, the answer is yes.

Adam

Ctrl+Z
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:50 AM
  • Correct, everything is possible.

Email, calendar, contacts, tasks and small things like notes in 2010 version, everything is diverse in nature and a complete area.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Monday, July 18, 2011 12:30 PM
  • Yes - but it depends on the amount of time ur willing to spend (and perhaps money too?)
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:22 PM
  • nothing is impossible
    Mark Answered, if it solves your question
    Rohit Arora
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:55 AM