Deployment method for SSAS 2012 Tabular Model RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have one model created in SSAS 2012 Tabular. Now I want to deploy it from development to test environment. How to do this? Also can anyone please explain me details about full and partial deployment (e.g. only one table/ hierarchy changed)? Thanks in advance.

-Regards, Raj Patil

• Changed type Charlie Liao Wednesday, June 25, 2014 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:20 AM

Answers

• Hello,

See MSDN Tabular Model Solution Deployment (SSAS Tabular) and followup links for Details about deployment.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:06 AM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:24 AM
  • Hi,

We have one model created in SSAS 2012 Tabular. Now I want to deploy it from development to test environment. How to do this?

Hi Raj_patil,

If you want to deploy a SQL Server Analysis Service tabular model from one server to another server, then we can use Import from Server project template to create a new tabular model project by copying the metadata from an existing tabular model on an Analysis Services server. And then change the deployment property and to deploy it to your test environment.
    Import from Analysis Services (SSAS Tabular)

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See MSDN Tabular Model Solution Deployment (SSAS Tabular) and followup links for Details about deployment.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:14 AM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:24 AM
  • Hi,

We have one model created in SSAS 2012 Tabular. Now I want to deploy it from development to test environment. How to do this?

Hi Raj_patil,

If you want to deploy a SQL Server Analysis Service tabular model from one server to another server, then we can use Import from Server project template to create a new tabular model project by copying the metadata from an existing tabular model on an Analysis Services server. And then change the deployment property and to deploy it to your test environment.
    Import from Analysis Services (SSAS Tabular)

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:14 AM