none
How to kill an Azure SSIS Integration Runtime that is stuck in status "Stopping"

Question

• I have an Azure SSIS Integration Runtime that has been stuck in "Stopping" status for about 5 days. 

I tried to run the Powershell command to stop it, and received this error in the log:

Stop-AzureRmDataFactoryV2IntegrationRuntime -DataFactoryName $DataFactoryName -Name $AzureSSISName -ResourceGroupName $ResourceGroupName -Force

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.DataFactoryV2.StopAzureDataFactoryIntegrationRuntimeCommand ##### {[AzureChinaCloud, AzureChinaCloud], [AzureCloud, AzureCloud], [AzureGermanCloud, AzureGermanCloud], [AzureUSGovernme...

##### Stopping #####
    Stop-AzureRmDataFactoryV2IntegrationRuntime : HTTP Status Code: Conflict
    Error Code: IntegrationRuntimeCannotStop
    Error Message: Integration Runtime can only be stopped when it is in 'Started' state. Current state: 'Stopping'.
    Request Id: de563c30-be4f-44fb-9e5a-3662722c8012
    Timestamp (Utc):11/05/2018 15:37:53
    At line:48 char:5
    +     Stop-AzureRmDataFactoryV2IntegrationRuntime -DataFactoryName $Dat ...
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [Stop-AzureRmDat...egrationRuntime], ErrorResponseException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.DataFactoryV2.StopAzureDataFactoryIntegrationRuntimeCommand

##### Completed #####

How can I force this to stop?

Monday, November 5, 2018 4:02 PM

All replies

• Do you use vnet? Do you have any resource lock on the resource group which has vnet? Can I know your IR name and Data factory name, so I can check what was wrong? Or you can open a support request and we will handle the support request.

BTW, we will have a new feature which allow you to retry stop.
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:11 AM
  • /subscriptions/46211b05-942b-4880-b80a-0a770fcad437/resourcegroups/PowerBI/providers/Microsoft.DataFactory/factories/GarysETL/integrationruntimes/AzureSSIS

That is the resource ID of the runtime that will not stop. 

The node name is tvm-3257026573_1-20181031t090357z

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 1:37 AM
  • I have a customer with the exact same problem, and it is a custom-scripted IR that is installed in a VNET..

Ted Malone - http://portal.sqltrainer.com

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 9:40 PM
  • xhead, youe IR should be in stopped state now. Also for now, you can use powershell to retry the stop operation.
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 7:39 AM
  • Ted Malone, Can you ask customer to check where there is delete lock for the resource group of vnet? If yes, remove the lock and retry to stop the IR again.

If there is no lock, can you share your IR name and DF name with me so I can check log to see what was wrong.
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:03 AM