Microsoft Word RRS feed

• Question

•  

Overview.

I have created a mail merge application & I need to be able to make the document the active window so the user can add extra text to the document before the mail merge completes what its doing.

I am using VB.NET

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 10:52 AM

Answers

• If you're merging to email, you would need to open the items that the merge places in the Outbox folder. If the user has Outlook set to work online and send messages immediately, they may be delivered to the outgoing server too fast for you to intercept them.

Have you considered prompting the user for the extra text as part of the merge using a Word ASK merge field?

An alternative would be to create the messages directly using Outlook automation and display each one rather than sending it.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:42 PM
  • Thanks.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:00 PM

All replies

• If you're merging to email, you would need to open the items that the merge places in the Outbox folder. If the user has Outlook set to work online and send messages immediately, they may be delivered to the outgoing server too fast for you to intercept them.

Have you considered prompting the user for the extra text as part of the merge using a Word ASK merge field?

An alternative would be to create the messages directly using Outlook automation and display each one rather than sending it.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:42 PM
  • Thanks.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 2:00 PM