none
Create an ole control by atl, but failed to import into Word. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created an ole control by atl in VS2008(also tried with VS2010), then I try to add the control into Word2010(in developer tool page), but the word prompt an error message as blow:

The program used to create this object is {A-GUID-Form}. That program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding.
    To edit this object, install {A-GUID-Form} or ensure that any dialog box in {A-GUID-Form} are closed.

I create the ole control as steps below:

1. Create an Atl project, target is dll.

2. Create an "Atl Control" class with default setting, eccept checked the "insertable" property.

I have tried with in html page generated by VS2008, the control work correctly.

How to process this problem?

Now I found the problem seems connected with the name I used for "ATL Control", as the same setting but different class name, one could be added while the other couldn't. Strange, isn't it? Did I missed anything?

Feel free

• Edited by 湯 宗磊 Friday, April 20, 2012 6:13 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 2:09 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

What is the target bit version of the Atl Project? Is it 64 bit or 86-bit? Does the project consort with Office installed on the computer?

"Now I found the problem seems connected with the name I used for "ATL Control", as the same setting but different class name, one could be added while the other couldn't.

What are the names you used for the control and of them which one works?

Please check the following link: 
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/worddev/thread/574ac8e4-eb1d-4b63-b70e-32dd0e9025b8 

Thanks.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, April 23, 2012 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

What is the target bit version of the Atl Project? Is it 64 bit or 86-bit? Does the project consort with Office installed on the computer?

"Now I found the problem seems connected with the name I used for "ATL Control", as the same setting but different class name, one could be added while the other couldn't. "

Please check the following link:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/worddev/thread/574ac8e4-eb1d-4b63-b70e-32dd0e9025b8

Thanks.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Hi,

What is the target bit version of the Atl Project?
    >My host OS is win7-64(I also tried in win7-32 with word 2007)with word 2010; the Atl version is 8.0 & 9.0 in 32-bit project. And the office are 32-bit version.

Does the project consort with Office installed on the computer?
    >Can you tell how to consort the project with Offiece?

>I used "aCtrl" as the name for control, does the name important? There's one thing make me confused is that occasionally the control could be added, but works not correctly, while for most time the error prompted.

Feel free

• Edited by 湯 宗磊 Monday, April 23, 2012 7:28 AM
    Monday, April 23, 2012 7:25 AM
  • And I guess Office trying to open the ax control as a special file type(as txt or image), not a control, so it requires a host program to run the ax control, of course there is no link program with dll or ocx, then...

But why not all the control have the problem, does any interface must have as an office control?

Feel free

Monday, April 23, 2012 7:43 AM
  • Come on, anyone help please.

Feel free

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 2:02 AM
  • This issue may need to be troubleshooted by one of our support teams. I would suggest opening a case for our Visual Studio Office Developer team.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

Friday, April 27, 2012 9:48 PM
  • Okay, please do it, and let me know if there's any progress made.

Recently I found the problem actually caused by the implement of Draw function. I copied the implement of Draw function from VC6, then the control works. 

Just FYI.

Thanks.

• Edited by 湯 宗磊 Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:38 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:35 AM
  • Hi,

In my humble opinion, I think you'd better start new thread in the VSTO forum.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/threads

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:43 AM