none
SharePoint List +InfoPath Repeating Table + XML as 2nd Data Source

Question

• Hi Team,

SharePoint list Form(Its not a library) --> InfoPath UI ---> Form has 2 sections (Repeating Table Controls+Non Repeating Controls).

Repeating Table contains 2 single line of texts 

Non Repeating section contains  an Attachment field ,a People Picker field, a Multiline of Text field which I am trying to do with xml file. It was very difficult with the stupid Microsoft InfoPath forms.

I am totally out of luck.

Knowledge is power.Information is wealth.

Friday, February 10, 2017 6:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you want to add XML file as data source to InfoPath form?

If yes, please check the link below about how to add XML file as data source:

http://www.bizsupportonline.net/infopath2010/create-data-connection-xml-file-infopath-2010.htm

If above is not what you want, please provide more details about your requirement.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 13, 2017 6:47 AM
  • The Information you provided is a basic one.But I am looking for some advanced solution.

I am looking for an InfoPath form which contains both Repeating and Non Repeating sections in a SharePoint list.

The columns for non repeating should be Attachments , People Picker, DropDown etc (Not a single line of text)

Thanks

Monday, February 13, 2017 2:15 PM
  • Hi,

Do you want to bind the XML data to the non-repeating fields?

If yes, I think there is no big difference if you are also adding repeating sections in the form.

Best Regards,

Victoria

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 2:50 AM
  • I know that.

If the non repeating section contains person or group ...how to add that field to the xml file?

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 6:33 PM
  • Hi,

In my opinion, People Picker field needs to get users from an identity directory. If you want to make users can type any value, then you just use Single line of text type field is enough.

If you want to make the People field work as in SharePoint site, please check the link below:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/infopath/2007/02/28/using-the-contact-selector-control/

Best Regards,

Victoria

Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:53 AM