none
Record raw data and convert to text RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

For an application I am working on , I need to record the raw data(.xrf format) , store the raw data , and convert to (.txt format ) to be exported for analysis in MATLAB .

Is there a way in which I can save the raw data and playback the recorded file and consequently convert to (.txt format) from the recorded file?

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, July 19, 2015 9:02 PM

All replies

• You don't say what kind of data are you interested in (body tracking, depth, color?), but I think the approach would be the same for all:

1. Write a Kinect application to capture and process the data you want to convert to txt.

2. Record your clips with Kinect Studio.

3. Use Kinect Studio to playback your clips into the app you write.

Think that Kinect Runtime (i.e. Kinect apps) doesn't know where the data come from (a live Kinect capture or a recorded Kinect Studio session) so you don't have to worry about that when you write your app.

Monday, July 20, 2015 7:56 AM
  • .Xrf files are generated from KinectStudio and their corresponding api's. You can use the KStudio and it's api's to record raw data, just select the stream you want to record the data. You can also use the same to playback the XRF files.

To record the data to Txt you'll have to treat it like any other Kinect application, and listen for the Kinect events and record the data streams you want to csv for analysis.

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 3:23 PM