none
MS added a data collection clause to the license terms of their NuGet packages RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've been using the following NuGet packages in a few services I maintain:

I was going to upgrade these to version 1.1.28 today, but Visual Studio wanted me to accept a license first. The license now contains a clause that was not included in the "License-Stable.rtf" files installed by version 1.1.25 of these packages:

2.    DATA. The software may collect information about you and your use of the software, and send that to Microsoft. Microsoft may use this information to improve our products and services. You can learn more about data collection and use in the help documentation and the privacy statement at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=528096. Your use of the software operates as your consent to these practices.

The license web page has the "Last-Modified: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 20:21:39 GMT" header. Perhaps the license terms were modified on that date.

The NuGet Gallery pages for version 1.1.25 also refer to the same license web page. Perhaps that means the current license terms will apply to new downloads of the old version, too.

The Internet Archive Wayback Machine shows that the DATA clause was not yet included on September 28, 2015, and the EXPORT RESTRICTIONS clause was formatted differently. I had downloaded version 1.1.25 in June 2015.

NuGet.org says it does not support permanent deletion of packages, but that hardly matters if the owner can instead change the license terms of old versions.

• Edited by ranta Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:03 PM evidence from Wayback Machine
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:09 PM