Is ASP.NET Core 3.1 Ready for Prime Time/Production Web Apps or Not? RRS feed

• Question

• User-2050407073 posted

Hi, I've been working on a web portal using ASP.NET Core 3.1 and I keep running into weird errors between Identity and EF Core. I've gone through several complete rebuilds and tons of errors and problems. when I build little web apps or separate Identity and EF Core then everything works just dandy. But when I try to bring them all together in a rather large production web app all of a sudden weird bugs crop up.
    I've read that the Identity and EF Core teams work separately and sometimes there are problems between their releases...So I am wondering:

Is ASP.NET Core 3.1 not yet ready for prime time for building web apps?

Is there anyone here that is actually using it successfully in a production environment?

And if so, are there some tricks/suggestions for doing so?

Or should I use Core 2.2? Is that stable enough for production apps?

Thanks,

- Grant

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:09 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

No problem so far here but we just started  to use 3.1.1. It would be likely easier to start form the actual problem you have rather than trying to guess if this is a 3.1 , EF bug  or whatever...

Edit: you are not using data being shared by all users which could cause things to work perfectly when trying alone and introducting a weird behavior as more users are using the app but it would help to know which behavior you see

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 8:23 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

Core 2.2 is not supported, 2.1 is the LTS version. But 3.1 is a production release. (There a minor service pack out). I expect your issues are not fully understanding EF and identity and bugs in your code, the the framework.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 3:25 PM