none
HCK Fail Trim due to Disk number swapping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

i have an issue where the Trim test would install its AHCI 1.3 Hardware Validation Test Controller over all my SATA controllers resulting in the DISK number swapping.

during normal operation and most other tests (i didnt check all) they would be under this standard config where Test Disk is on Disk0 and OS Disk is on a seperate controller and Disk1.

Standard Config:

Controller1 --> under "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers Standard" --> AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller --> Test SSD (Disk0)

Controller2 -- > under "Storage Controllers" --> ASmedia 1068 Controller --> Operating System Disk (Disk1)

During Trim Testing, BOTH of them gets replaced by WHCK. So they tend to end up in a swapped Disk numbers! Some of the Trim test is tested using Disk number instead of Disk ID, so they would go all haywire.

During Trim test Config:

Controller1 --> under "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers Standard" --> AHCI 1.3 Hardware Validation Test Controller --> Operating System Disk (Disk0)

Controller1 --> under "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers Standard" --> AHCI 1.3 Hardware Validation Test Controller --> Test SSD (Disk1)

Is there a way I can prevent the Secondary controller driver from being replaced by WHCK?

Or is there a way I can fix their disk number so that at least they run the test on the correct drive?

Thank you
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:24 PM