Seeking some clarification of the default Privacy policy link RRS feed

• Question

• We have just got a warning from Microsoft stating an app has the following problem:

The privacy policy link did not resolve to a functional webpage..

I checked the privacy policy link and found it points to the app's store page, not privacy statement page.  I guess this is a problem.  Here is the strange part:

I handle privacy policy in exactly the same way for all our apps - adding a Privacy statement to the Settings pane.  All apps' settings panes are handled the same way. However, this app has the extra Privacy policy link. Other apps do not.  I do not know how to get rid of it.

Out of curiosity, I started checking other apps to see if they have the same issue.  To my surprise, the Weather app by Microsoft has exactly the same issue - it has a privacy statement link that works correctly, and a privacy policy link pointing to the app's store page.  The following is the screen capture of the Weather app's Settings pane:

Could anyone offer a tip on how to handle this and shed some light on why some apps have the extra Privacy policy link and others do not?

Hong

Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:19 AM