No such file or directory error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Windows Visual Studio 2010 and am working on migrating a program from UNIX to visual studios. In three include files, <sys/msg.h>, <sys/shm.h>, and <sys/sem.h> I get the error C1063: Cannot open include file : 'sys/msg.h: No such file or directory.

Are these directories that are not available on Visual Studios? Sorry if I am in the worng forum. I'm pretty new to programming, but my job has me doing really complicated things!

Thanks!

Monday, July 2, 2012 10:05 PM

Answers

• On 7/2/2012 6:05 PM, jsestrad wrote:

I am using Windows Visual Studio 2010 and am working on migrating a program from UNIX to visual studios. In three include files, <sys/msg.h>, <sys/shm.h>, and <sys/sem.h> I get the error C1063: Cannot open include file : 'sys/msg.h: No such file or directory.

These seem to be Unix-specific. I don't believe any such headers are shipped with MSVC. Whatever functionality you are using from those headers, you will have to figure out equivalent Windows features and modify your code accordingly.

Igor Tandetnik

• Marked as answer by jsestrad Monday, July 9, 2012 4:38 PM
    Monday, July 2, 2012 10:36 PM

All replies

• On 7/2/2012 6:05 PM, jsestrad wrote:

These seem to be Unix-specific. I don't believe any such headers are shipped with MSVC. Whatever functionality you are using from those headers, you will have to figure out equivalent Windows features and modify your code accordingly.

Igor Tandetnik

• Marked as answer by jsestrad Monday, July 9, 2012 4:38 PM
    Monday, July 2, 2012 10:36 PM
  • Hi jsestrad,

Welcome here.

Based on your description, these header files are Unix-specific, so I suggest you use a compatible Microsoft one and also configure correctly the directory of your file. If you have any more questions about Visual C++ General, please feel free to post them.

If you got problems in UNIX, I suggest you go to UNIX forum for better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Elegentin

Elegentin Xie [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 8:38 AM
  • That's what I gathered from looking around online. I was hoping I was incorrect, or that there was a simple equivalence, but it does look like I will have to modify certain portions of the code pretty significantly. Thanks for the help!
    Monday, July 9, 2012 3:50 PM