How to properly manage your containers and blob? RRS feed

• Question

• English (Google translate) :

Hi, I am currently developing a mobile application and I want to use Azure Blob Storage. However, I am looking for the best possible management technique. Each of my users can host their photos on my application which will then be hosted by Azure. However I try to manage my containers and my blobs well, what would be the best solution to this? Is one container sufficient with one blob per user? Or one container per user?

Thank you.

French :

Bonsoir, je suis actuellement entrain de développer une application mobile et je souhaite utiliser Azure Blob Storage. Cependant je cherche la meilleure technique de gestion possible. Chacun de mes utilisateurs peut héberger ses photos sur mon application qui seront ensuite hébergé chez Azure. Cependant je cherche à bien gérer mes containers et mes blobs, quelle serait la meilleure solution à ça ? Un seul container est suffisant avec un blob par utilisateur ? Ou un container par utilisateur ? 

Merci.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:12 PM

All replies

• Blob storage: Allows unstructured data to be stored and accessed at a massive scale in block blobs. The 50000 blocks limit is for each object in container. You can have multiple objects each having 50000*100mb size.

Normally it’s very difficult to hit this limit, You can find more information at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/storageservices/understanding-block-blobs--append-blobs--and-page-blobs.

One container is more than enough for one user. 

For more information : You may refer to this article

You may also refer to Azure Storage limits. 

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 10:26 AM
  • @Iktus Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, April 13, 2020 11:10 AM
  • @Iktus Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 8:08 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 5:22 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 3:50 PM