none
Can't see my div box RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I just started learning expression web and I am trying to insert <div> but I can not see the shaded box.  I also made sure view was set properly in the veiw - visual aid section.  Can some one help me out and let me know what im doing wrong.  Thanks

Jayson

Saturday, December 8, 2012 3:14 PM

All replies

• If "shaded box" refers to the <div> in design view, then it is not shaded until you select it.
    Try using Split View, and selecting the <div> in the code section.

Incidentally, to clearly see an empty <div> just inserted into Design view in an empty page with white background, I had to set
    View->Visual Aids->Show
    View->Visual Aids->Block Selection
    View->Visual Aids->Visible Borders
    View->Visual Aids->Empty Containers
    View->Visual Aids->Margins and Padding

I am not saying all of these are required - I set them in order shown until the <div> stood out.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 3:34 PM
  • I can't even select the Div was placed.  It's there cause I see it in the code but when I try to click on it nothing happens.  I'm really getting frustrated I don't know what im doing wrong.
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 3:39 PM
  • "but when I try to click on it nothing happens"

What do you expect to happen?  To highlight an HTML object (such as a <div> you have to select it.  This involves dragging the mouse between (and including) <div> and </div>, or use View->Quick Tag
    Selector, click inside the div and then click the <div> tag in the QTS bar.

Or, in the code, type something into the <div> and watch where it appears in Design View.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 3:58 PM
  • "when I try to click on it nothing happens"

Did you set your Visual aids to show empty elements?  Otherwise, an empty div is ... empty and invisible, just as it would be on a webpage.

Saturday, December 8, 2012 5:03 PM