VS2010 always builds during unit test run/debug, or list view refresh RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I run or debug a unit test, or even refresh the list view, it rebuild my project(s), which takes several minutes on a big solution. This happens even if there have been no code changes. Does anyone know if there's a way to disable this behavior?

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 1:48 PM

Answers

• This is the default behavior in VS 2010 and it was done as background discovery was not very reliable. If you want to enable background discovery you can do it via tools-> options -> Test Tools -> Test Project Uncheck Disable background discovery of test methods
    Friday, November 5, 2010 7:12 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same issue, and it's driving me crazy. Even a simple change - e.g. changing a line in a unit test - results in the entire solution getting built. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen in VS2008.
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 4:35 PM
  • This is the default behavior in VS 2010 and it was done as background discovery was not very reliable. If you want to enable background discovery you can do it via tools-> options -> Test Tools -> Test Project Uncheck Disable background discovery of test methods
    Friday, November 5, 2010 7:12 PM