Unable to start the program : Visual Studio 2008 : Pocket PC 2003 : code ported from evc++ 4.0 using Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have ported my code written in evc++ 4.0 for ARM to Visual studio 2008. Iam using pocket PC SE 2003 emulator for debugging. But Iam getting message "unable to start the program" when I deploy the application with 6 dll and a exe to Pocket PC. I have compiled the code and it gives no error or warnings. I have also copied the system dlls to windows folder of Pocket PC.they are dlls MFC90ENU, MFC90U, MFC90UD, msvcr90, msvcr90d.  Do I require any other dll?

I want to know if this error is because of my dll not getting linked or becuase of system dll from microsoft.  I have my own 6 dlls. I have my dlls in folder like %CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\libUp and a exe within folder in file explorer - > program files. I cant see  folder for dlls and the dlls developed in the pocket pc emulator folder program files. Is it a successful deployment or i am missing on something. do i need to put additional dlls. If my dlls getting successfully deployed or not. Please also let me know stable version of visual studio 2008 which i should use.

Thanks

Friday, May 30, 2014 12:25 PM

Answers

• Hi ampan75,

Based on your description, I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum for this issue, since this forum is to discuss:

Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Since it is related to the evc++ 4.0, maybe the Visual Studio Smart Device Development - Native C++ Project or Windows Embedded Compact Native Application Development forum would be better for this issue.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vssmartdevicesnative

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winembnatapp

Anyway, I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Best Regard,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 2, 2014 8:15 AM