children question RRS feed

• Question

• User1034446946 posted

I am trying to get me head around children

I know i can wrap things using a hoc, but i have had issues with props and i have been looking at children and i just don't get it

lets say i have this html

<div className="form-group  row">
    <label className="col-sm-2 col-form-label">Start</label> <div className="col-sm-10"> <Field name={`${name}[${index}].start`} component={StandardDatePicker} placeholder="Start"/> <InlineError name={`${name}[${index}].start`} /> </div> </div>

now all i want to do is wrap the field and inlinerror in the html so i can reuse the html (all the examples I have seen are functionality), if someonecan point me in the write direct i would be appriciated.

or if there is a better way? (my question is coming from formik where it offers 3 different ways component, render or children, just trying to figure them you, i am thinking i need to go back to the es6 info)

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:06 AM

Answers

• User-474980206 posted

Every html element is converted to a function. One of the parameters to every function is children. To better understand, google react without jsx. Going thru these samples will explain children. 

hoc are a functional technique for function composition and not related to children.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:52 PM

All replies

• User-474980206 posted

Every html element is converted to a function. One of the parameters to every function is children. To better understand, google react without jsx. Going thru these samples will explain children. 

hoc are a functional technique for function composition and not related to children.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:52 PM
  • User1034446946 posted

got it many thanks

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 10:31 PM