none
.NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting, event type clr20r3 event ID 5000 - error with microsoft.practices.objectbuilder2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I hope somebody can help me!  I have a .net 3.5 windows application which is happilly installed and running on approx 200 user desktop machines. 

Now the organisation are looking at providing access to some users via a Citrix solution, and this is where I am having problems.   The application has been installed, but when I run it I get the following in the windows event log:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 5000
    Date:  26/06/2009
    Time:  11:22:24
    User:  N/A
    Computer: UKTDCTMBASEF
    Description:
    EventType clr20r3,
    P1 tmobile.britapplication.exe,
    P2 1.1.6.18846,
    P3 4a36223d,
    P4 microsoft.practices.objectbuilder2,
    P5 2.2.0.0,
    P6 49011363,
    P7 16a,
    P8 8a,
    P9 gyjyt3ffdinw4pphecsiloqmgv5zu4ij,
    P10 NIL

The application uses the microsoft enterprise library for logging, I'm guessing that's our issue but for the life of me I can't get any more details on what's actually causing an error.

Can anyone out there help!?!?!?

Thanks!
    Friday, June 26, 2009 10:57 AM

Answers

• Add a try/catch to your main function and/or handle the appdomain.unhandled exception event and write the exception either to disk (make sure you have write access to where you are writing your log file) or display the exception in a message box. The stacktrace and description from the will be more usefull then the event log you are getting now.
    Friday, June 26, 2009 1:15 PM

All replies

• Add a try/catch to your main function and/or handle the appdomain.unhandled exception event and write the exception either to disk (make sure you have write access to where you are writing your log file) or display the exception in a message box. The stacktrace and description from the will be more usefull then the event log you are getting now.
    Friday, June 26, 2009 1:15 PM
  • Ok thanks for the suggestion Ray.

Unfortunately this is a production environment and they are very reluctant to let us developers "mess around with debug versions"!!    I don't think they have a choice here, might aswell look for a needle in a haystack in the dark with shades on!  I will tell them they have no other option.

Cheers,

Paul
    Friday, June 26, 2009 1:46 PM
  • Most companies are indeed reluctant to install random software on servers that usually have steep sla contracts on them, environments like that usually have a dev, test and production platform where the test environment is a copy of a production server see if you can get access to one of those and reproduce the issue there. 

Friday, June 26, 2009 1:52 PM
  • Yes, I wouild normally have expected a dev/test environment I could use to track down the cause...however, this company (in spite of being a global market leader!) doesn't have test or staging environnments....ridiculous strategy!!!
    Friday, June 26, 2009 2:38 PM
  • that is indeed mindblowing, I'd say throw in a copy of the itil handbook and run :) 

Friday, June 26, 2009 3:06 PM