none
RST ISSUE (Warning) - The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have wcf service hosted on IIS express on my local machine without domain controller.
    Client is a console application.

Tracing is turned on at the wcf service side.
    And the following exception is thrown during the RST\Issue action:

The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted

The exception is declared as warning, but nevertheless I would to prevent this exception to occur.

The service and the client use the same customBinding:

<customBinding>
            <binding name="MyWcFServiceBinding" closeTimeout="00:05:00" openTimeout="00:05:00"
              receiveTimeout="00:05:00" sendTimeout="00:05:00">
              <transactionFlow />
              <reliableSession maxPendingChannels="4000" maxRetryCount="20" 
                maxTransferWindowSize="4000" ordered="false" />
              <security authenticationMode="SecureConversation" messageSecurityVersion="WSSecurity11WSTrustFebruary2005WSSecureConversationFebruary2005WSSecurityPolicy11BasicSecurityProfile10">
                <secureConversationBootstrap messageSecurityVersion="WSSecurity11WSTrustFebruary2005WSSecureConversationFebruary2005WSSecurityPolicy11BasicSecurityProfile10" />
                <localServiceSettings maxStatefulNegotiations="500" maxPendingSessions="500" />
              </security>
              <textMessageEncoding maxReadPoolSize="100" maxWritePoolSize="50"  />
              <httpTransport maxReceivedMessageSize="2000000" allowCookies="true" 
                maxBufferSize="2000000" />
            </binding>
          </customBinding>

<client>
          <endpoint address="http://localhost:6485/WcfServiceLayer.svc"
                   binding="customBinding" bindingConfiguration="MyWcFServiceEndpoint"
                   contract="IWcfServiceLayer" name="MyWcFServiceEndpoint">
            <identity>
              <dns value="localhost" />
            </identity>
          </endpoint>

Jovica

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, 

I see that your configure file should work well. But you meet this warning, please make sure that when you try to access an domain resources you should

1. have an IP address which can access to the domain control and the resource , usually you can test with "Ping" command

2. against an DNS server address which can resolve the FQDN of domain name and dissection hostname for your NIC property. You can use the “Nslookup” command to test.

4. make sure the client computer and user accoutn has engouth permission to access the resource.

5. check the setting of DNS suffix on your client host.

Best Regards.

Amy Peng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 3:40 AM
  • Hi, 

I see that your configure file should work well. But you meet this warning, please make sure that when you try to access an domain resources you should

1. have an IP address which can access to the domain control and the resource , usually you can test with "Ping" command

2. against an DNS server address which can resolve the FQDN of domain name and dissection hostname for your NIC property. You can use the “Nslookup” command to test.

4. make sure the client computer and user accoutn has engouth permission to access the resource.

5. check the setting of DNS suffix on your client host.

Best Regards.

Amy Peng
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Hi Amy,

the client and the wcf service are running on my laptop without domain controller setup. The laptop is not joined to a domain.

The binding chosen resembles the wsHttpBinding with some further modifications like timeout, BufferSize adaptations etc.
    I get the expected result back from the server, but I want to resolve this warning message.
    Any further directions I should dig deeper into ?

Jovica

Thursday, August 8, 2013 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

I am sorry I do not see that your laptop is running without domain controller.

I see that your client address is that http://localhost:6485/WcfServiceLayer.svc, it is in the localhost and will not cause this warning.

It seems that you have defined the other endpoint in services which will case this warning.

It will be better if you try to use the fiddler which can trace data then we can analyse to help  solve this problem:
    #Fiddler:
    http://fiddler2.com/get-fiddler .

Best Regards.

Amy Peng

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:10 AM