none
Stepping through code in global template RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I upgraded last week from Office 2007 to Office 2013. In Word 2007 I was able to have my custom ribbon addin loaded with global templates enabled and then able to open the global template and set breakpoints to "stop" the code at the point where I want to see the data. The code I am breaking at is in the same global template as the one in use by my custom ribbon addin. Now, in Word 2013 I cannot debug my code the same way I did in Word 2007. I have to disable my addin to "open" my global template and set breakpoints, but need the ribbon enabled and have the global template open at the same time to step through my code.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks out there?

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:09 PM

Answers

•  I figured it out! I opened a copy of the same template from a different location, set my breakpoint and then it broke in the right place.
    • Marked as answer by JenAppDev Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:34 PM
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:34 PM

All replies

•  I figured it out! I opened a copy of the same template from a different location, set my breakpoint and then it broke in the right place.
    • Marked as answer by JenAppDev Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:34 PM
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:34 PM
  • Hi JenAppDev,

I am glad to hear that you have resolved your issue by yourself, and thanks for your sharing your solution, that will help other community member when they have same issue.

Thanks again.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:30 AM