How to kick off an executable or batch script from self hosted OWIN application RRS feed

• Question

• User-1992252904 posted

I am trying to write an application, embedded with security features, that would when prompted from a request from a webpage, call an executable.  I want it to be self hosted from within the owin application so that I can place it on local computers.  Is this even possible?  I thought I might have it working?  I have the self hosted part of the application up and running, But the exact same code that would execute in a console application, refuses to execute in my self hosted application.  I guess I am doing something incorrect, I just don't know what it is?  Is there a security feature that I am overlooking?  Does the application need to run under a service account with Administrative rights?  Is there some other trick that I am not identifying?  One of the most frustrating things is that I am not seeing any exceptions (I did wrap the call in a try catch, so I expected something).  I tried looking in the Event viewer as well.  So far nothing?  Any advice?

Monday, October 5, 2015 8:56 AM

All replies