none
BizTalk 2010 Configuration Failure RRS feed

• Question

• I've two 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2 machines. On one of the machines BizTalk Server 2010 Standard Edition is installed & on the other SQL Server 2008 R2 is installed.

When I use the 'BizTalk Server Configuration' on the BizTalk machine to create the necessary databases on the SQL Server machine, just the 'SSODB' gets created & then the configuration fails due to below errors

Failed to create the SQL database 'SSODB' on SQL Server 'SQLServerName' (with SSO Administrator account 'SSO Administrators').

(0xC0002A21) An error occurred while attempting to access the SSO database.

Could not find the account name 'SSO Administrators' on computer 'SQLServerName'. Configuration can proceed, but it might fail.

(0x800706BA) The RPC server is unavailable.

A few sites suggested to register both the 32-bit & 64-bit SSOSQL.dll using the regasm command to resolve this issue & I did the same. But, the issue still persists.

Please suggest a solution. Thanks in advance.

Friday, December 5, 2014 9:42 AM

Answers

• Certain Information required before suggesting anything .

1) Have you created all BizTalk related windows group such as SSO Administrator ,The SSO Affiliate Administrators, BizTalk server Adminstrator ,BizTalk Server User etc.

2)Whether your user 'SSO Administrators'  is a member of SSO Administrator group.

3) Whether you have enabled MSDTC on both the machine for inbound and outbound Transaction . Have you checked whether you can make remote connection to SQL Server from BizTalk Application server .

I would suggest to run DTCping and DTC Tester to check MSDTC transaction across server .

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, December 5, 2014 9:58 AM

All replies

• Certain Information required before suggesting anything .

1) Have you created all BizTalk related windows group such as SSO Administrator ,The SSO Affiliate Administrators, BizTalk server Adminstrator ,BizTalk Server User etc.

2)Whether your user 'SSO Administrators'  is a member of SSO Administrator group.

3) Whether you have enabled MSDTC on both the machine for inbound and outbound Transaction . Have you checked whether you can make remote connection to SQL Server from BizTalk Application server .

I would suggest to run DTCping and DTC Tester to check MSDTC transaction across server .

Thanks

Abhishek

Friday, December 5, 2014 9:58 AM
  • It seems you missed creation of domain users/groups because it says could not find SSO Administrator. My experiance is I always follow the Installation and Configuration manual even though I have been doing this task many times. Also articles for standalone and multiserver installation in wiki are with pictures and helpful. Sometimes we make human error which can give hard time :)

If this answers your question please mark it as Answer and if this post is helpful, please vote as helpful. Thanks !

Monday, December 8, 2014 12:44 AM
  • I think i have already mentioned its an issue with domain group not being created for BizTalk Multi server installation and configuration . The user is getting error "Could not find the account name 'SSO Administrators' on computer 'SQLServerName' which states that bizTalk is trying to connect with local biztalk group instead of Windows group which need to created for BizTalk configuration.

Thanks

Abhishek

Monday, December 8, 2014 10:51 AM