none
Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices RRS feed

• Question

• I created a web part that retrieves emails from a mailbox using Exchange's web services. The code works great on my test server, but when I deployed the solution to my production box, I'm getting the following error in my ULS logs.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I installed the Exchange WebServices API on my server and it's located in the same place on both servers. I've restarted both IIS and the SharePoint timer service (my project is a custom timer job).

I've checked the web.config files of my test sites as well as the one located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\web.config and none contain any references to the the Exchange WebServices that I can find. I'm not sure how to get SharePoint to see the assembly.

• Moved by Shimin Huang Monday, August 1, 2011 6:48 AM exchange related (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using Visual Studio with SharePoint and other programming)
    Friday, July 29, 2011 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Robbertv,

According to your description, it seems the main issue is to fine the assembly in production server, I will move it to the exchange development forum, developers may have encountered the requirement you're seeing, and have a suggestion to offer.

Thanks,
    Simon

Monday, August 1, 2011 6:48 AM
  • This is a SharePoint issue. It should not have been moved.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 11:23 PM
  • Is there a solution for this issue?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:00 PM