none
Obtain and save joint.Position from specific frames RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using the Kinect sensor to do some research and evaluation on hand gestures. I would like to evaluate the accuracy and reliability of different hand pointing gesture recognition algorithms under different conditions by making test scenarios with the same input stream. So is it possible to save joint.Position coordinates of chosen frames, for example: start to save the coordinates of the right hand joint after I raised the left hand for the following 10 frames.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

• Edited by Hao18 Friday, February 24, 2017 9:52 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2017 9:50 AM

All replies

• You want to use Kinect Studio. It comes with the SDK.

I'd recommend you add all streams to it and record your test cases. But it's kind of heavy storage-wise so make sure to create different recordings per case if you can or at least limit the number of tests per recording to an acceptable number. There is a limit to how long you can record(don't remember how much) ,but if you can try not to go above 10GB per file. It's a bit heavy to playback as well(whole file loaded in memory).

Unfortunately you have to record the whole time and you can then try to filter data on playback.

Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:13 PM