Command Line RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to use VSS through the command line, for the purpose of batch files, however whenever I use any of the "ss" command, I will be prompted for a password, and when I enter the password, even if it is correct, it will not allow me to login. Is there some way around this?
    Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:09 AM

Answers

• Can you give us an example of what your script contains? And did you make sure that your password you specified is your VSS user password not your Windows user account password?
    Wednesday, August 23, 2006 2:45 AM
  • The command line executions assumes by default the database is located above the win32 directory if you are trying to access a database in a different location you will need to set the ssdir variable

set ssdir=\\machine name\share to the srcsafe.ini file

you can also set  password and usernames using an environment variable for example

set sspwd=password

Set ssuser = admin

or you can pass per command line

ss get $/ -yusername,password

I hope this helps.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:50 PM

All replies

• Can you give us an example of what your script contains? And did you make sure that your password you specified is your VSS user password not your Windows user account password?
    Wednesday, August 23, 2006 2:45 AM
  • The command line executions assumes by default the database is located above the win32 directory if you are trying to access a database in a different location you will need to set the ssdir variable

set ssdir=\\machine name\share to the srcsafe.ini file

you can also set  password and usernames using an environment variable for example

set sspwd=password

Set ssuser = admin

or you can pass per command line

ss get $/ -yusername,password

I hope this helps.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:50 PM