none
Full Report before triggering parameter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a RDLC report put on in a VB.Net form, with a parameter field as Combo box and a Button in the same form.

I would like to have the form, when executed should display all the values. Only when a parameter value is entered and pressed the button. it should filter the report to show the restricted values. How can this be achieved??

Thanks,

Radhai..

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hello again!

What you're describing is already an existing feature in server (RDL) reports, but is not a feature in the local (RDLC) reports. Server reports are reports processed a in SQL Server Reporting Services report server. You can try this out using SQL Server Express with Advanced Services, which is free.

Server reports have added benefits of the report server doing the data processing for you so you don't have to do it like in the local reports. See my response in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsreportcontrols/thread/aafccd1f-6d50-4223-bbb0-8a4fbc684020 for more info on getting started with this, and on how to do it for local reports.

Cephas Lin This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    • Marked as answer by Radhai Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:56 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:38 PM