none
How to prevent screen saver when the Kinect is the only input RRS feed

• Question

• I've got an application that uses the Kinect exclusively for the input. After the set number of minutes without touching the keyboard or mouse, the screen saver turns on. Is there a way to tie the Kinect to the input monitoring for the screen saver, or a programmatic way to keep the screen saver from triggering?
    Sunday, December 11, 2016 3:15 PM

All replies

• Why don't you just disable the screensaver?

UPDATE: Seems like there is some form of win32 API to do this but you'll have to use Interop. You can look at this.

UPDATE2: I'd recommend reading this first. I cannot express how more appropriate it is. Reason is that Raymond Chen(the one whose blog this is) was part of the Windows engineering team, back in the Windows 95 days. So his knowledge of win32 API is as good as it gets.
    Sunday, December 11, 2016 6:21 PM
  • Thanks, the programmatic solution of using SetThreadExecutionState will work. Plus, I can program the app to let the screen saver naturally kick in if there is no body tracking from the Kinect. As for just disabling the screen saver, it's probably not a good idea to force users to disable it just to use the app.
    Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:59 PM