Why Visitors with Read access can not see the Data Form web part created from XML web services data source RRS feed

• Question

• I work in a local area network environment with access to a remote MOOS server. Using SharePoint Designer 2007, I created an XML web services data source.

These are the details that I used to creating the data source:
    Source tab
    1- For Serice description location:
    http://site name/_vti_bin/Webs.asmx?WSDL
    2- Port: WebsSoap
    3- Operation: GetWebCollection

Login tab
    4- I tried both "Don't attempt to authenticate" and "Use Windows authentication" options but to no avail.

The above process created a data source that has the list of all my sub sites "Title" and "URL", which is what I wanted. Next I created a DataForm web part using the above data source.

Visitors with "Contribute" permission level or above were able to view this web part on the browser. However, visitors with Read access got this generic error message:

"Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator."

How can I make this web part visible to everyone?

Thanks,

Thursday, May 8, 2008 3:22 PM

All replies

•  

It sounds like your Visitors probably don't have access to the web service, or the web service is using OM methods and/or accessing data the user doesn't have access to.  Can your Visitors get the the WSDL URL for the web service, and how are you enumerating your sites in the web service?
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 1:30 AM