none
Will workflow cancel if no conditions are met?

Question

• Will a SharePoint Designer 2013 custom workflow give a cancelled status if no conditions are met?

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Friday, February 10, 2017 5:00 PM

All replies

• If there is a series of conditions (if's) and none match, then the workflow will complete, not cancel.

Mike Smith TechTrainingNotes.blogspot.com
    Books: SharePoint 2007 2010 Customization for the Site Owner, SharePoint 2010 Security for the Site Owner

Friday, February 10, 2017 6:30 PM
  • I have a list in which the initial data is incoming from a web service.  Our site users interact with and extend the data.  I have three workflows that kick off whenever the list is edited.  I only need them to kick off when our users interact with them, but there is no way for me (that I can think of) to NOT have the workflows start when the web service data is updated/refreshed.  I have noticed that the workflow status is cancelled in many cases and the only thing I can see by looking at list item version history is that the web service updated an item and the list item at that point has nothing that meets the conditions of my workflows.

What other things might I look for that would cancel a workflow?  

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Friday, February 10, 2017 6:37 PM
  • It can be that when edited by web service account does not have access to run the workflow or operations, also note that if System Account is used for web service edits then workflow can be in cancelled status.

Thanks

Kislay

Mark as answer if it helps you

Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:36 PM