none
Create Table of content in word document using vb.net RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there 

hope you are all good

i have a problem and i'm try to solve it by create a small windows form application 

i want to create table of content for word document and i want to get the content of this from page header and then to build the table

can anyone help me here please ???

Sunday, April 26, 2015 10:44 AM

All replies

• I think you still need to explain how your header data is structured and how the table of content will look.

However this is a question for Word forum, I'm sure the moderators will move it there for a better assistance on this:

Word for Developers Forum

Fouad Roumieh

Sunday, April 26, 2015 11:03 AM
  • Hello,

I am moving your question to the Word for developer's forum as this is the best place for this question.

Please provide some more information as it will help others better assist you.

What version of Visual Studio is being used, what version of Word is being targeted.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my webpage under my profile but do not reply to forum questions.

Sunday, April 26, 2015 11:36 AM
  • i'm using visual studion 2008 and microsoft office 2007

i need to create table of content , the table of content created by set Heading style to some subjects , in my case the heading style are set on the page header , so i want to get the text from header and make it a content of the table of content 

Sunday, April 26, 2015 1:14 PM
  • i'm using visual studion 2008 and microsoft office 2007

i need to create table of content , the table of content created by set Heading style to some subjects , in my case the heading style are set on the page header , so i want to get the text from header and make it a content of the table of content 

Text from the header can't be added to the table of contents. If you want to repeat, in the header, text from the main body of the document, you can add a STYLEREF field.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:59 AM