none
Compatiblity RRS feed

• Question

• I have microsoft excel 2013 but it says its not compatible with the excel form 2010 I'm trying to open. The 2010 form does have macro's and drop down boxes, is there a way to make it compatible for 2013???
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:19 PM

All replies

• I tested with a Userform created in xl2010 with some combo boxes and simple code and there does not appear to be any problem opening in xl2013.

I suppose you have enabled macros in macro security. (Option to "Disable all macros with notification" should be OK)

Can you open the VBA editor in xl2013? If so, sometimes exporting the form and importing again will fix corruption in a Userform. Instructions as follows.

Make a backup copy of the workbook first. (If you have links to other workbooks then you should open all of the linked workbooks and then use Save as from within Excel or the links may get broken. The other linked workbooks can then be closed. If no links then can either use Save as or copy in Windows Explorer.)

Open the workbook from within Excel. (Don't double click from windows explorer because we want Excel to know the default folder for the workbook)

Open the VBA editor

Select the Userform in the Project Explorer (Left column)

Select File -> Export file

Leave the default name same as Userform name with .frm extension. (It should export to the default folder)

Select the Userform name again in Project Explorer and right click and remove Userform.

Select menu item File -> Import file

Scroll down the files until you find the .frm file with same name as your Userform and select and Open.

Expand forms in Project explorer and you should see it.

If that does not work then someone else may have other ideas for you to try.

making a backup copy of the workbook

Regards, OssieMac

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:02 AM