MAX_PATH reached for NodeJS tools RRS feed

• Question

• User1040106291 posted

Hi, 

I'm trying to develop a NodeJs web App and I've some errors during publishing this app. 

Errors indicates that some files have reached the maximum file path (260 characters). I've found that it was with some npm modules thatI've installed (Grunt, Grunt-bower, ...) which are only used for dev (no deployed). 

When I install theses packages globally, I cannot use it in task runner explorer, I need to link theses modules into my project, that generate again my first error.

Is there any way to tell to the task runner explorer to use my globally installed package in order to keep my project folder as thin as possible without link theses modules (or tell me how to publish my app without this error) ?

Regards.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 12:22 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Kevin,

Is there any way to tell to the task runner explorer to use my globally installed package in order to keep my project folder as thin as possible without link theses modules (or tell me how to publish my app without this error) ?

This will be good reference for you to deploy NodeJs web application to iis, see:

Installing and Running node.js applications within IIS  

Please let me know if it still has same issue.

Best regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 16, 2015 4:49 AM