SSRS report not returning data RRS feed

• Question

• 

I'm using an SP in dataset that retuns me rows whem parameters are passed. But when I pass same set of parameters in to view report, it doesn't return any rows in the report . Please help to fix this issue.
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:26 AM

Answers

• It seems like you havn't pass parameter properly in your report.

Go Into view -> Report data->Right click add new dataset- >datasetparam-> Write a query like (select distinct param1 from table) as per your requirement.

Go Into view -> Report data-> There is the option parameter->Right Click Add parameter->Available Values - here there will be three option

a) none -

b) Specific values -  For static report

c) Get values from query- For dynamic report - Now Select datasetparam - > param1 -> lebel name- >param1

Go Into view -> Report data->Right click add new dataset- >dataset_Proc- > Select Query Type Stored Proc- > use here in parameter which you created earlier. 

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:23 PM
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:27 AM
  • Hi Krish,

Sorry for the delay.

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. So in your scenario, there are two reasons that cause this issue.

• There are extra filter on the tablix OR it's visibility was set to Hidden. In this case,please ensure that there is no extra filter on the tablix which used to display the data from the dataset. And the tablix and it's row visibility is set to Show.
    • If the store produce was changed, the changes cannot be reflected to report immediately. In this case, you can delete data source and dataset in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), then drive to the position where the solution be stored and delete the report.rdl.data file. And then restart BIDS to rebuild data source and dataset.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:31 AM

All replies

• It seems like you havn't pass parameter properly in your report.

Go Into view -> Report data->Right click add new dataset- >datasetparam-> Write a query like (select distinct param1 from table) as per your requirement.

Go Into view -> Report data-> There is the option parameter->Right Click Add parameter->Available Values - here there will be three option

a) none -

b) Specific values -  For static report

c) Get values from query- For dynamic report - Now Select datasetparam - > param1 -> lebel name- >param1

Go Into view -> Report data->Right click add new dataset- >dataset_Proc- > Select Query Type Stored Proc- > use here in parameter which you created earlier. 

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:31 AM
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:27 AM
  • Hi Krish,

Sorry for the delay.

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. So in your scenario, there are two reasons that cause this issue.

• There are extra filter on the tablix OR it's visibility was set to Hidden. In this case,please ensure that there is no extra filter on the tablix which used to display the data from the dataset. And the tablix and it's row visibility is set to Show.
    • If the store produce was changed, the changes cannot be reflected to report immediately. In this case, you can delete data source and dataset in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), then drive to the position where the solution be stored and delete the report.rdl.data file. And then restart BIDS to rebuild data source and dataset.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 8:31 AM