none
COM+ .NET v1.1 & Windows Server 2003 R2 Ent x64 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a .NET 1.1 SP1 serviced component that must be installed on a Windows Server 2003 R2 Ent x64, but each time I try to use it I'm getting this error:

The following component is configured for Construction, and either the IObjectConstruct::Construct() method failed,
    or the component does not support IObjectConstruct. Activation failed for object: {F356D554-1A84-31D0-A2AC-990C0C2E3BA0}

Server Application ID: {DCB27A5F-19EA-411E-AE9D-C34B68F9824E}
    Server Application Instance ID:
    {28DA55C4-7656-4797-87FC-5313F5AC33C9}
    Server Application Name: IbankHtmlMailNet
    Error Code = 0x80131040 :
    COM+ Services Internals Information:
    File: d:\srvrtm\com\complus\src\comsvcs\ctoract\ctoract.cpp, Line: 160
    Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4720.1830 shp

The following component is configured for Construction, and either the IObjectConstruct::Construct() method failed,
    or the component does not support IObjectConstruct. Activation failed for object: {F356D554-1A84-31D0-A2AC-990C0C2E3BA0}

After installing .NET 2.0 x64, this error pops:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found.
    The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
    You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.
    The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version : 2.0.50727.109 - .NET Framework Initialization Error
    To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
      v1.1.4322
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.

Although .NET v1.1 SP1 was already installed...and reinstalled.

On another server, using .NET v1.1 and .NET v2.0 x64 in a nearly identical configuration all works fine...
    I've tried also using .NET 3.5 SP1...but no change.
    What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Romulus
    • Edited by Don Tan Friday, June 26, 2009 6:45 PM Fixing Thread Title bug
    Friday, June 12, 2009 11:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Romulus Corneanu,

What's the OS of another server? Windows Server 2003?

You can try .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to verify .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 on the server. If they are failed to verify, your issue could be related to corrupted .NET Frameworks. You can try remove and reinstall them.

If they are successfully verified, your issue could not be related to .NET Framework. It could be caused by COM.

Thanks

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, June 19, 2009 3:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:49 AM
  • Hello YiChun Chen,

I have upgraded the component to .NET v2.0 and now it seems to be working fine.

Thank you for your assistance,

Romulus
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, June 19, 2009 7:02 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Romulus Corneanu,

More clarification with you.

I have a .NET 1.1 SP1 serviced component that must be installed on a Windows Server 2003 R2 Ent x64, but each time I try to use it I'm getting this error:
    How do you use .NET Framework 1.1?
    .NET 1.1 SP1:

.NET 2.0 x64, this error pops:

The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.
    You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.
    The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version : 2.0.50727.109 - .NET Framework Initialization Error
    To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
      v1.1.4322
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.
    When did you receive the above two error message? Are both .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed successfully?
    On another server, using .NET v1.1 and .NET v2.0 x64 in a nearly identical configuration all works fine...
    Do you mean Windows Server 2003? What do you mean "nearly identical"? Could you please check whether there are any differences between the configurations?

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Monday, June 15, 2009 8:19 AM typo
    Monday, June 15, 2009 8:13 AM
  • Thanks for your reply,

The component is written in C#, .NET 1.1 and it will be used by a legacy vb6 application. On both servers, .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 x64 are installed and work properly.

When I try to make a call to this component, from vb6 or VBScript, nothing works, like when the component class is not created (or constructed).  On the other server, same windows version, same .NET version(s), installed from the same package, the component works properly.

I've tried using another user account with full access but nothing changes.

When registering the component with regsvcs from .NET v1.14322, when I try to use, this message is recorded in the event log:

After removing all previous versions of that registered component, and using regsvcs from .NET v2.0 x64, the event log records this message:
      v1.1.4322
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework. .
    On the other server, this (like above), was the right way...

The assembly binding log, fuslog, is:

*** Assembly Binder Log Entry  (12.06.2009 @ 14:32:56) ***

The operation was successful.
    Bind result: hr = 0x0. The operation completed successfully.

Assembly manager loaded from:  C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll
    Running under executable  c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\RegSvcs.exe
    --- A detailed error log follows. 

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = 
    LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = c:\htmlmail\service\ibankhtmlmailnet.dll
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/HTMLMail/service
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    LOG: Dynamic Base = NULL
    LOG: Cache Base = NULL
    LOG: AppName = RegSvcs.exe
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in LoadFrom load context.
    WRN: Native image will not be probed in LoadFrom context. Native image will only be probed in default load context, like with Assembly.Load().
    LOG: No application configuration file found.
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/htmlmail/service/ibankhtmlmailnet.dll.
    LOG: Assembly download was successful. Attempting setup of file: c:\htmlmail\service\ibankhtmlmailnet.dll
    LOG: Entering run-from-source setup phase.
    LOG: Assembly Name is: IbankHtmlMailNet, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3deae7e0093128bf
    LOG: Re-apply policy for where-ref bind.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: IbankHtmlMailNet, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3deae7e0093128bf
    LOG: GAC Lookup was unsuccessful.
    LOG: Where-ref bind Codebase matches what is found in default context. Keep the result in default context.
    LOG: The post-policy assembly reference requires probing again.
    LOG: Switch from LoadFrom context to default context.
    LOG: No application configuration file found.
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: IbankHtmlMailNet, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3deae7e0093128bf
    LOG: GAC Lookup was unsuccessful.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/HTMLMail/service/IbankHtmlMailNet.DLL.
    LOG: Assembly download was successful. Attempting setup of file: C:\HTMLMail\service\IbankHtmlMailNet.dll
    LOG: Entering run-from-source setup phase.
    LOG: Binding succeeds. Returns assembly from C:\HTMLMail\service\IbankHtmlMailNet.dll.
    LOG: Assembly is loaded in default load context.

Thanks again,

Romulus
    • Edited by Romulus C Monday, June 15, 2009 12:54 PM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 12:49 PM
  • Hi Romulus Corneanu,

What's the OS of another server? Windows Server 2003?

You can try .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to verify .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 on the server. If they are failed to verify, your issue could be related to corrupted .NET Frameworks. You can try remove and reinstall them.

If they are successfully verified, your issue could not be related to .NET Framework. It could be caused by COM.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, June 19, 2009 3:03 AM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 7:49 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, both have Windows Server 2003 R2 x64.

Thanks, I'll try that,

Romulus
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:05 AM
  • .NET framework is installed properly... I'll try again after a clean sweep :D

Thanks
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:15 PM
  • Hi Romulus Corneanu,

Look forward to your good news. :)

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:20 AM
  • Hello YiChun Chen,

I have upgraded the component to .NET v2.0 and now it seems to be working fine.

Thank you for your assistance,

Romulus
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, June 19, 2009 7:02 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 6:57 AM
  • Hi Romulus Corneanu,

It's my pleasure. I'm very glad to hear that. Cheer! Have a good day.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Friday, June 19, 2009 7:03 AM typo
    Friday, June 19, 2009 7:03 AM