Anonymous Id and Windows Live Auth RRS feed

• Question

• The goal:
    I have a simple productivity app and I would like to extend the app to the web. Users would enter data in their windows phones and now this data is also available on the website.

The solution:
    Here is how I thought I could achieve this functionality:
    1- I would query the windows live anonymous id which is stored on the device.
    2- Upload the data to the service with the anonymous id as the key
    3- User logs into the website using their windows live id (required)
    4- System gets the same anonymous id (assumption) and shows the users information

The assumption in step 4 is where I am stuck. I am not unsure as to how the live anonymous id is retrieved from the windows live login. I do get a user id in the token but that is not the same as the anonymous id found on the device. Can someone please show me the error of my ways?
    Friday, February 25, 2011 1:49 AM

Answers

• Hi, The ANID is only useful for the Microsoft Ad platform (Ad control). There is no way for you to correlate it to a Live login (because it is anonymous).
    Friday, February 25, 2011 5:00 AM

All replies

• Hi, The ANID is only useful for the Microsoft Ad platform (Ad control). There is no way for you to correlate it to a Live login (because it is anonymous).
    Friday, February 25, 2011 5:00 AM
  • The ANID is only useful for the Microsoft Ad platform (Ad control).
    The ANID is useful for more just the Microsoft Ad platform, but Peter is correct in that it is not useful for the situation you describe.  The ANID is valid on the phone only.
    Friday, February 25, 2011 5:58 AM