none
Page Flash / Delayed CSS ? RRS feed

• Question

• When one creates an Excel task pane app and runs the initial generated page it is presented then there is a page flash and apparently new  css  is applied. What is the cause of this and any workaround of this behavior ? Thank you

Doyle

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Doyle,

According to the description, after you add an custom style sheet for the app for Office, the web page is flahed. Based on my test, it works well.

Does the page flashed when you visit it in broswer directly? You can get the web page for the app from right bottom of task bar like figure below after you run the project:

If yes, ths issue seems relative to the IE, otherwise would you remove the custom style sheet to see whether the issue still exits?

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:25 AM
  • No, I said create the app and run it..I made no modifications at all. App.css has the default generated css. Home.css is empty. The flash occurs with the initial generated app. These apps seem to always use IE despite the fact that I specify browse with Chrome. I do not understand that either. Thanks Fei.

Doyle

Friday, May 1, 2015 3:57 AM
  • Hi Doyle,

>>No, I said create the app and run it..I made no modifications at all. App.css has the default generated css. Home.css is empty. The flash occurs with the initial generated app. <<

Did you mean this issue occured when you create a apps for Office without custom code? If I understood correctly, it seems the issue is relative to the enviroment.

Which vertion of IE are you using? As far as I know, the apps for Office require at least Windows Internet Explorer 9. If you are using Internet Explorer 9 or later, I would suggest that you re-install the Internet Explorer to see whether the issue was fixed.

If the issue was still existed, please try to update or repair the Office to see whether it helpful.

>>These apps seem to always use IE despite the fact that I specify browse with Chrome. I do not understand that either<<

It depneds on which of Office host application you are using.  if you are using a supporting Office client (such as Excel, Word) on Windows, or an Office Online web app (such as Outlook Web App) as the host application, you must have Internet Explorer 9, or a later version, installed on the client computer, because the Office host application uses Internet Explorer components to open an HTML page in the browser control. For versions and other details of the various browsers, operating systems, and form factors that support apps for Office, see Overview of apps for Office.

And here is the link answers frequently asked questions for developing apps for Office for your reference:
    FAQ for developing apps for Office

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:15 AM