none
997 Anamoly RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom Recv Pipeline where I enrich the message {837I with ISA/GS Info} and submit to BTS
    Unfortunately my 997 is not getting generated now?

If I change the recv pipeline back to edireceive pipeline {default edi recv pipeline} everythign works!

TIA

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:43 PM

All replies

• What pipeline are you using before changing back to EDIReceive? There are some issues with the 997 generation in BizTalk Server 2006 R2. Also, are you seeing any errors in the event log you could share here?

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:06 AM
  • The suspended message [997 in this case] is 0 bytes and hence biztalk throwing error in serialization

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 11:39 AM
  • If the custom pipeline is written by you and not using EDI Disassembler, then your pipeline must be creating the 997. I am not sure how you managed to generate a 0byte 997 in your pipeline. However, if u are adding a component after Disassembler it must have already generated the 997.

Can you share more details on how u developed the custom pipeline?

Monday, August 25, 2008 11:07 AM
  • I know 0-byte characters can occur in multiple scenarios. Here is a forum in which I mention a few of these: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3764843&SiteID=1.

When using BizTalk EDI I would check to see if you have ACKs enabled on the parties or global EDI parties. Some of the response messages with BizTalk EDI are 0 bytes. For example, if you have a 2-way AS2 send port the synchronous response could be 0 bytes. This would not be a 997 but an empty file. Have you using As2Send with a 2-way send port? I have seen 0 byte files in this scenario.

Thanks,

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:06 PM
  • My Custom Pipline is in the Validate Stage, after the EDI Disassemlbler, used the SDK Sample for Msg Enrichment, ParseHeader etc....

HTH

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:46 PM