none
I can't find RDMSDeploymentUI.Log RRS feed

• Question

• I've created registry keys EnableDeploymentUILog and  EnableUILog,and set them to 1.

I also have created a system environment RDMSUI_TRACING,and set the value to 1.

But,there isn't any log files in  %windir%\Logs.

What should I do to find this log?

My OS is WS2012 Standard.

If someone has any clue please share.

Thanks also for any help/advice!

Carl

Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:17 AM

All replies

• You can add me to the list.. I have a hyper-v cluster added to RDMS and cannot get a virtualization collection to create.. nothing in the logs that indicates where the problem might be...  MS might want fix this and give us some better debugging info  all this smoke an mirrors is great.. until something doesnt work wich seem pretty common at this point...
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:44 PM
  • Try this:

1. Once you create the keys as per KB2747656, restart Server Manager
    2. In Server Manager/RDMS click Manage-->INstall roles/features--> Continue--> Next--> CANCEL
    3. Restart Server manager. You should be able to see the log files.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:44 PM
  • Ok.. can you be more specific on the steps in step 2. ????

I mean  how far do I go and what selections do I make before I click cancel ?

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:21 PM
  • Sorry I didn't follow the thread. I hope you have already figured that out by now. In case you didn't, you just need to
    click Manage-->INstall roles/features--> Say RDS based deployment --> Next--> CANCEL. Restart Server manager. You should be able to see the log files. Then repro the issue and everything should be logged in the file.

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:24 PM