none
catastrophic failure (exception from hresult 0x8000ffff (e_unexpected)) visual studio

Question

• I am new to ASp.Net and I created MVC Application in visual studio 2015. When i tried to open View (.cshtml) file it says this error."catastrophic failure (exception from hresult 0x8000ffff (e_unexpected)) visual studio". Please help to resolve this problem?
    Monday, November 21, 2016 11:25 AM

All replies

• Mostly it helps if you first search on Internet. 

I did it for you and got a bunch of solutions for problems. However, your problem is very limited described. 

https://www.yandex.com/search/?msid=1479727899.81137.22892.12351&text=catastrophic%20failure%20(exception%20&lr=115073

Success
    Cor

Monday, November 21, 2016 11:34 AM
  • Hi RIHRA,

Which version of Visual Studio 2015 do you use? Please make sure your Visual Studio 2015 has installed the latest update, the latest version at present should be version 14.0.25431.01.

If your Visual Studio 2015 is the latest version, please create a new project and open the View file to check whether this issue occurs in all projects or just one specific project.

If it only occurs in one specific project, the issue should be related to your project itself. I suggest you move the project files to the new project one by one, which could help us confirm which files causes this issue.

If this issue occurs with all projects, I'm afraid that this issue more related to your Visual Studio 2015. Please try with following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Run Visual Studio 2015 as administrator to make sure it has enough permission to do any operations.
    2. Run Visual Studio 2015 in safe mode to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Repair your Visual Studio installation through Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio 2015 -> Change -> Repair.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 5:57 AM