A network related or instance specific error when I run VS2005 application RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am new to programming, I am a system and network engineer so not much understanding in coding. I have an application which has been created in VS2005 .net which has an sql database. The SQL server version is 2000 which is running on Windows 2003 serer. This application is running fine on existing Windows XP machines. But I have tried to installed on new Windows XP, 7 and 8 PC's but all the clients getting error "A network related or instance specific error.........error 40 could not open a connection to SQL server. I have tried to connect the sql server with an UDL file and I can connect successfully. Also installed VS2005 and able to connect the SQL server successfully but some reason the application cannot connect to the sql server. My exe.config connection string as follow (this connection string works fine with the exiting windows XP PC's).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
      </configSections>
      <connectionStrings>
        <add name="xxx.MySettings.SQLConString" connectionString="server=10.0.0.23;database=XXX;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=password"
          providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
        <add name="xxx.MySettings.OLEConString" connectionString="Provider=SQLOLEDB;server=10.0.0.23;Persist Security Info=True;Password=password;User ID=sa;database=XXX"
          providerName="System.Data.OleDb" />
        <add name="xxx.MySettings.ConnectionString" connectionString="Provider=SQLNCLI.1;server=10.0.0.23;Persist Security Info=True;Password=password;User ID=sa;database=XXX"
          providerName="System.Data.OleDb" />
        <add name="xxx.MySettings.WGCConnectionString" connectionString="server=192.0.0.23;database=XXX;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=password"
          providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
      </connectionStrings>
      <appSettings>
        <!--   User application and configured property settings go here.-->
        <!--   Example: <add key="settingName" value="settingValue"/> -->
      </appSettings>
    </configuration>

We have two sites, IP 10 range is the head office and 192 is a sub office and both sites using same application but different databases.

Please help!

Thanks

Kumar

Sunday, October 12, 2014 7:01 PM

All replies

• The error message means that the client API was not able to connect to SQL Server for one reason or another. Since you are able to connect from other machines, this appears to be a configuration error with the boxes. Maybe they have a different idea of where 10.0.0.23 and 192.0.0.23 are located. Alternatively, there is an outgoing firewall causing problem.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
    Sunday, October 12, 2014 7:16 PM
  • Thank you for your feedback, I have disabled the firewall on both side (server and client), able to ping both side as well with IP address and the DNS name. I can also telnet to the server address with the port 1433, Is anything to do with MS Dot Net version or Windows Assembley files?
    Sunday, October 12, 2014 10:31 PM
  • I am not sure of my application need any other tools then .net, win installer and crystal reports which has been already in the reference files. Thanks
    Sunday, October 12, 2014 10:40 PM
  • Hello,

Verify if you have the Service Pack 1 of SQL installed in your machine, this could generate this error.

This service pack is important because it corrects the comunication between Visual Studio and SQL Server.

Hugs!

Dicas de programação em .net, C# e SQL - http://smcode.com.br/blog.aspx

Sunday, October 12, 2014 11:45 PM
  • Yes the installed version is SQL 2000 SP4.
    Monday, October 13, 2014 12:03 AM
  • Is anything to do with MS Dot Net version or Windows Assembley files?

Unlikely. Possibly your application is not looking for the connection information where you think it is looking.

Could you post the complete error message?

Monday, October 13, 2014 7:20 AM
  • Please find complete error here below:

Error 1:

a network related-instance specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify the instance name is correct and the SQL server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipe Provider, error 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL server).

Error 2:

After click OK to above error message then I get another error message as here below:

[DBNETLIB][Connection Open (Connect)()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

After the second error message the application opens but there no data loaded.

Just to confirm that I am using same username password as the working windows xp PC.

Thanks

Monday, October 13, 2014 9:52 AM
  • So it could be an issue that the new machines are not set up to use TCP/IP but only named pipes. (But the reason it says named pipes in the error message could also be due to that they first try TCP/IP and then named pipes.)

You can check this CLICONFG.EXE.

Monday, October 13, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Named pipe and TCP/IP was enabled and I did changed the order 1) TCP/IP 2) Named Pipe and also other way around but still getting the same error. On the working XP machine there are no protocol's enabled. I have also tried the new machines by disabling these protocols and still no luck.

Thanks

Monday, October 13, 2014 3:31 PM
  • Looks like you would need to debug what the application is doing. Maybe its not reading the file you posted, but attempts to connect to somewhere in outer space.

Monday, October 13, 2014 9:12 PM
  • Thanks for your feedback, I think you are quite right, I have done the followings check in the working windows XP PC.

1) In the exe.config file file changed the username in to xxxx and test the application, the application opens and connected the database successfully

2) exe.config file connection string changed the server ip address in to non existing ip address, still the application run successfully and connected to the SQL database.

3) Deleted the exe.config file, then run the application. When I run the application got an installation window and then the application runs without any issues. Its looks the installation window has copied the missing exe.config file back to the application folder.

So its clear the application is not using the exe.config file.

How do I debug this application please help! I also have Visual Studio Project file of this application is it easier to find it from the project file how this application connect to the database?

Thanks for your help.. 

Monday, October 13, 2014 10:25 PM
  • Debug 

'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\MySuite\MySuite\bin\MyApps.exe', No native symbols in symbol file.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscoree.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimeng.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimeng.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_x-ww_44262b86\msvcr80.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.6028_x-ww_61e65202\comctl32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Culture.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Culture.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\mscorlib\dae02331a443fb52216ca83292cb2f21\mscorlib.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\uxtheme.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msctf.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version9\tv_w32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\version.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\MySuite\MySuite\bin\MyApps.exe', Symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System\4b0455ae94e3cecca4bb3ba8c96828c9\System.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Drawing\424bff3295c6e7539cc6df62b9425bd0\System.Drawing.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Windows.Forms\1cdfe1998ad6794db3237006906c6fa2\System.Windows.Forms.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorjit.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Microsoft.VisualBas#\aa86b1a0c9a5bd2a973bef106c0461f9\Microsoft.VisualBasic.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasic\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Data\af8afdcab485e00a04b18ed487981f3d\System.Data.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'System.Data.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'System.Data.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2help.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypt32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msasn1.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Configuration\4b6e70acd99dc22e29b7fc8f9ac340c4\System.Configuration.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Xml\7faf645dc46781225cb722edf9e1e738\System.Xml.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\apphelp.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msctfime.ime', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.GdiPlus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.0.6002.23084_x-ww_f3f35550\GdiPlus.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\MySuite\MySuite\bin\en\MyApps.resources.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.Transactions\7e310942e6e9a5d623e003130ec3d9bd\System.Transactions.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'System.Transactions.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'System.Transactions.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.Transactions\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Transactions.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.Transactions\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Transactions.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\sxs.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\clbcatq.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comres.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\oleaut32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdart.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comdlg32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32r.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\sqloledb.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdatl3.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\netapi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\comsvcs.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\colbact.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mtxclu.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\clusapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\resutils.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\userenv.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dbnetlib.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\security.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msapsspc.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt40.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msapsspc.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt40.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\schannel.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\schannel.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\digest.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\digest.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msnsspc.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt40.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msnsspc.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt40.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msv1_0.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cryptdll.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdsapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dnsapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wldap32.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\hnetcfg.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wshtcpip.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\schannel.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\rsaenh.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\dssenh.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.EnterpriseSe#\78e7a4c3acd1a345c4ef1f73ff48a1dd\System.EnterpriseServices.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'ImageAtBase0x10000000', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'ImageAtBase0x10000000'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\System.EnterpriseSe#\78e7a4c3acd1a345c4ef1f73ff48a1dd\System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'ImageAtBase0x11000000', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'ImageAtBase0x11000000'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsec.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\wintrust.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imagehlp.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\riched20.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Unloaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\riched20.dll'
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cryptnet.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\psapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\sensapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\winhttp.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\MySuite\MySuite\bin\C1.Win.C1TrueDBGrid.2.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\MySuite\MySuite\bin\C1.Win.C1TrueDBGrid.2.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\diasymreader.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Accessibility\06b454361516e65eca55a743cd93cefc\Accessibility.ni.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MyApps.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

*** HR originated: -2147024774
    ***   Source File: d:\iso_whid\x86fre\base\isolation\com\copyout.cpp, line 1302

*** HR propagated: -2147024774
    ***   Source File: d:\iso_whid\x86fre\base\isolation\com\enumidentityattribute.cpp, line 144

'MyApps.exe': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mslbui.dll', No symbols loaded.
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xc20) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x9b4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1464) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x6a8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xdf4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1110) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xc04) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1188) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xd9c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x153c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x10d8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x914) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x175c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The program '[5412] MyApps.exe: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The program '[5412] MyApps.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The program '[5412] MyApps.exe: T-SQL' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Monday, October 13, 2014 10:55 PM
  • How do I debug this application please help! I also have Visual Studio Project file of this application is it easier to find it from the project file how this application connect to the database?

That's not really a question for an SQL Server forum....

It depends on what sort of application. It is only if you have the source code, in which case it is really meaningful. If it is a third-party application, you would need to talk to the vendor.

If it is some form abandonware, that is, no source code and no vendor, the situation is not particularly amusing. Some facility to extract all strings from the executable might give some information. But then is the question what you would do if you need to change it.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:30 AM
  • I do have the VS project file and the solution file. Is it possible to convert this application in to Webserver?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:52 PM
  • But what is the version of your SQL? Is 2000, 2005, 2008?

If it's 2005, you must have the service pack from version 2005.

Dicas de programação em .net, C# e SQL - http://smcode.com.br/blog.aspx

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:05 AM
  • Currently installed version is 2000 with SP4
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 12:28 AM
  • I do have the VS project file and the solution file. Is it possible to convert this application in to Webserver?

That question is definitely out of scope for this forum. Visual Studio leaves me in a maze, so I can definitely not help.

I think you should find a forum for Visual Studio questions. Once you have found the connection details, and you still have problems, come back here.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:43 AM