none
Find a way to know if the oleacc.dll is working as expected or not RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an application that will use oleacc.dll to grab the other running windows application text.

Basically, I have used these two functions of oleacc.dll

AccessibleObjectFromWindow

AccessibleChildren

If I delete a registry entry (eg. HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\TypeLib\{1EA4DBF0-3C3B-11CF-810C-00AA00389B71})  related to Oleacc.dll then these functions work without throwing exception but not giving the expected result. And the end result is the application is running but not doing the expected work.

So, I wanted to know if there is any way to find if the oleacc.dll (Microsoft accessibility) is working as expected or not. 

Thanks

Prakash

pkt30

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:07 PM

Answers

• Hello pkt30,

>>then these functions work without throwing exception but not giving the expected result.

If you do not delete this registry entry, would it work as expected?

>>So, I wanted to know if there is any way to find if the oleacc.dll (Microsoft accessibility) is working as expected or not.

If you mean that if there is a tool could test whether the dll would work as what we want, I think it is not existing.

Best Regards,

Fred.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:29 AM

All replies

• Hello pkt30,

>>then these functions work without throwing exception but not giving the expected result.

If you do not delete this registry entry, would it work as expected?

>>So, I wanted to know if there is any way to find if the oleacc.dll (Microsoft accessibility) is working as expected or not.

If you mean that if there is a tool could test whether the dll would work as what we want, I think it is not existing.

Best Regards,

Fred.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:29 AM
  • Hello Fred,

Thanks for the answer.

Yes. If I do not delete the registry entry, it works as expected.

I want to know whether the dll works as expected or not using code.

Thanks

Prakash

pkt30

Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:29 AM
  • Hello,

>>I want to know whether the dll works as expected or not using code.

Without write code to test a dll, i think it is not possble to knwo if this dll is ok or not.

Regards.

Monday, September 8, 2014 8:21 AM