Configuring BAM on a multi BizTalk Server environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a BizTalk group that contain two servers. BizTalk is configured on both of them.

Now I wanted to install and configure BAM to be used by one my BizTalk application. I would like to configure 'BAM Tools' and 'BAM Portal'. I have a doubt, if it should be configured on both the BizTalk frontend servers or only on one of them is enough?

Any info\suggestion would be of great help.

Regards

Biranchi 

Friday, October 13, 2017 11:50 AM

Answers

• Hi

Please refer this document.

If you want to perform BAM activities like deployment, management, install BAM Tools on both the servers.

If you want to create a highly available BAM environment, meaning a load-balancer exists which can point to the BAM web services and website across both the servers, it makes sense to install it on both the servers; and then have the load-balancer provide high availability for the BAM services. Otherwise, if you want to run the portal on one of the servers only, meaning your BAM URL would contain the servername, that would work as well.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, October 16, 2017 1:09 AM

All replies

• Hi

Please refer this document.

If you want to perform BAM activities like deployment, management, install BAM Tools on both the servers.

If you want to create a highly available BAM environment, meaning a load-balancer exists which can point to the BAM web services and website across both the servers, it makes sense to install it on both the servers; and then have the load-balancer provide high availability for the BAM services. Otherwise, if you want to run the portal on one of the servers only, meaning your BAM URL would contain the servername, that would work as well.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, October 16, 2017 1:09 AM
  • Hi Arindam,

Thanks a lot for your reply and clarification. Well in my case, configuring it on one of the server is fine but I will at least install BAM on both incase of future use.

Regards

Biranchi

Monday, October 16, 2017 6:52 AM
  • For clarity, you need to install all the BAM Tools on every server.

You only install the BAM Portal on the IIS machine where you want to serve up the BAM Portal.  This can be one, both or a separate computer.

Monday, October 16, 2017 12:52 PM