what C++ can do and C# cannot? RRS feed

• Question

• hi friends,

always i want to know this, what c++ can do but C# cannot? when web search i've always found syntax differences or programming API wises differences. But no one speaks of what i can create with C++ , (the things that C++ can give you and only you can achieve that using C++ because C# has framework restrictions)

eg: If i need to do hardware level programming i need to use C++ because .NET framework would not allow you to access hardware level.

i;ve seen certain IRQ drivers were created using C++ but not C#,

Like wise what i can achieve with C++ and cannot with C#? i believe they are the sole reasons for C++ to exists in time C# rules

thanks

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:07 AM

Answers

• Speed!!! Execution time is the main difference. C++ is considerably faster than C# (.NET). For small programs, this difference may be negligible but for larger applications this difference is much. Hence, C++ is extensively used  for system/embedded/RealTime programs because C# doesn't suit there since you will have strict time constraints there.

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!
    • Proposed as answer by CrazyTech Friday, July 22, 2011 4:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Cookie Luo Wednesday, August 3, 2011 5:52 AM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 3:39 AM